Pesto is a good way to use one whole bunch of cilantro in a single recipe. Cilantro tends to spoil quickly and is best used within 2 days. It will detox the body of heavy metals, so the more you eat the better! Pesto is a great way to do this. Not only can it be used on pasta but also on sandwiches, in soups or as a topping on your favorite protein burger or patty. Give it a try.
- 1 bunch packed cilantro, thicker stem removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor, pulse the cilantro leaves until finely ground but not a paste.
- Add the pine nuts and salt and pulse until nuts are chunky.
- Keep processor on, and add oil from the top of the processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for freeze in ice cube trays for later use.