- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- a pinch of cumin
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1⁄2 cup blood orange segments, about 3 oranges, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- In a small pot with a tight fitting lid mix the couscous, salt, and spices.
- Add the boiling water, stir until the couscous in covered, and quickly put on the lid. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
- The water should all be absorbed and the couscous will be tender; fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Mix together the olive oil, rice vinegar, and honey in a small glass.
- Pour this mixture of the couscous and toss the couscous well.
- Gently fold in the blood orange segments and spinach.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Serves 2-‐4 as a side