How to Select:
When purchasing mint try to select organically grown mint since this will give you more assurance that it has not been irradiated.
How to Store:
To store fresh mint leaves, carefully wrap them in a damp paper towel and place inside of a loosely closed plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator, where it should keep fresh for several days.
- A cup of fresh mint tea can help to soothe your stomach and your nerves.
- Toss cubes of cooked eggplant with chopped mint leaves, plain yogurt, garlic and cayenne.
- For a quick and easy salad, combine fennel, onions, oranges and mint leaves.
- Give fruit salad a unique perk by adding some fresh mint leaves to it.
- Add chopped mint leaves to gazpacho or other soups that feature tomatoes as the freshness of the mint complements the sweet acidity of tomatoes very well.
Excellent Source of:
- Vitamin A
Very Good Source of:
- Vitamin K
Recent studies have shown the following health benefits:
- Soothes the Stomach
- A Potential Anti-Cancer Agent
- An Anti-Microbial Oil
- Benefits Nasal Passages and Lungs