Guavas are a tropical fruit rich in high-profile nutrients. They are “super-fruits” due not only to their unique flavor and taste, but they also contain high amounts of health-promoting qualities.
Health benefits of guava fruit
- low in calories and fats but contain vital vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds
- a very rich source of soluble dietary fiber (5.4 g per 100 g of fruit, about 14% of DRA)
- an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin-C. 100 g fresh fruit provides more than three times the DRI (daily-recommended intake).
- a very good source of Vitamin-A, and flavonoids like beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein and cryptoxanthin.
- the fresh fruit is a very rich source of potassium. It contains more potassium than other fruits like banana weight per weight.
- a moderate source of B-complex vitamins such as pantothenic acid, niacin, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin E and K, as well as minerals like magnesium, copper, and manganese.