Oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruits and tangerines are all citrus fruit that will be found in your CSA boxes throughout the year.
- Store citrus fruit at room temperature if you plant to eat with a week, otherwise, store in the crisper for up to eight weeks.
- high in antioxidants
- high in vitamin C
- good sources of folate and thiamin
- the vitamin C in citrus fruit strongly enhances the absorption of iron in food
- glycaemic and non-glycaemic carbohydrate (sugars and fibre)
- vitamin B6
- pantothenic acid
- and a variety of phytochemicals
- Fight weight gain
- Lower your stroke risk
- Help prevent cancer
- promote eye health
- Reduce stress