How to Store
- Apples can be stored for a 3-4 month period
- Cold storage at low refrigerator temperatures (35-40F/2-4C) minimizes loss of nutrients.
- Help maintain moisture in the cold storage area by adding damp cheesecloth to the crisper
- remove any damaged apples from groups of apples stored in bulk.
Tips for Preparing and Cooking
- As the skin of the apple is rich in nutrients try leaving the skins on in all recipes
- To prevent browning, put the slices in a bowl of cold water with a spoonful of lemon juice
- Sliced apples freeze well in plastic bags or containers.
Recent studies have shown these possible health benefits.
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Cardiovascular Health
- Benefits for Blood Sugar Regulation
- Anti-Asthma Benefits
- macular degeneration of the eye
- neurodegenerative problems, including Alzheimer’s disease
- prevention of bone loss