Now that beets are back in season, I’ve been adding them to my morning juice. For the first part of the week, I use the stems only, about 1/3 bunch per 16 oz glass of juice. This way I get 7-8 glasses of juice from just one bunch of beets. Try it!
- 1/3 bunch of beet leaves and stems
- 4 CSA carrots or 2 large juicing carrots
- 3 CSA apples or 2 large fuji apples
- 1 large lemon, use serrated knife to cut off rind
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger root (less or more depending on the desired ginger bite)
- Rinse all ingredients and place on a towel to absorb excess water.
- Cut apples into the right size pieces to fit your juicer feeder. Same with carrots if necessary.
- Quarter the lemon
- Cut ginger root to fit juicer
- Juice everything
I have an Omega, auger type juice. I find this order works best for after clean up.
- beet leaves
- ginger root
The hard ginger root and juicy lemon at the end helps to clear out the strainer basket making it much easier to clean. All the beet and carrot fibers are pushed out by the apples.