- 1 bunch tatsoi, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 2 large ripe avocado, halved, pit removed, peeled, thinly sliced crossways.
Roast garlic dressing
- 3 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons hot water
Note: you can make the roast garlic dressing (steps 1-2) up to 1 day ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove the dressing from the fridge 1 1/2 hours before serving to bring to room temperature.
Roast garlic dressing:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place garlic on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the garlic cloves are soft.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cut tops off garlic heads, squeeze soft garlic from each bulb, and place in a blender.
- Add red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until well combined.
- With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady steam until mixture is thick. Gradually add enough hot water to make a pouring consistency.
- Place the tatsoi, spinach and avocado in a large serving bowl.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad.