- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 box quinoa macaroni (any pasta will do)
- 1 cup (+ a little more) of coconut milk
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika (regular works also)
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne (optional)
- In a large pot on high heat boil 4 cups of water.
- Place diced sweet potato in boiling water.
- Cook until you can pierce the potatoes with a fork (5-8 mins)
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, remove potatoes (saving the water) and place them into a blender.
- Put macaroni into the reserved boiling water (you may have to add more water) and cook according to package directions.
- While macaroni cooks place nutritional yeast, milk, red onion, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne into the blender with the sweet potatoes. Blend on high. Should turn into a thick sauce.
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Drain macaroni and place back in empty pot.
- Pour the blender sauce over the macaroni and stir well.
- Turn stove onto low and heat for 5-10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!