- 2 cups fresh, shelled, cranberry beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Prepare your fresh shelled beans:
- Shell the beans.
- Then put them in a sauté pan with 4 cups of water water.
- Salt lightly and simmer gently until the beans are tender, about 30 minutes or possibly longer, depending on the maturity of the beans.
- Should they absorb all the water, add more as needed, including enough to leave some broth.
- When the beans are done, set them aside with their cooking liquid until ready to use.
- For some recipes they may stay in the broth, others they will need to be drained.
- In a bowl, combine beans, drained, soup, celery and milk.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until the bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Yield: 6-8 servings.