- 4 large parsnips
- 2 large apples
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ghee (optional, or use 2 tsp coco oil)
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Berbere spice blend from Conscious Cookery (or a creole mix)
- good quality salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. After scrubbing the parsnips, cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4 inch wide strips, then into chunks. Place in a large bowl.
2. Slice the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse out the sandy grit. Cut into chunks. Add to parsnips.
3. Core the apples and slice lengthwise into 8 strips for each apple. Add to bowl with leeks and parsnips.
4. Heat a wok over medium high heat. Melt the coco oil and ghee.
5. Add the parsnips, apples and leeks to the wok and stir and saute for one minute.
6. Add seasonings, salt, and coconut sugar. Stir over medium heat until all is mixed well and evenly coated.
5. Place all in a casserole dish and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.