- 1 medium spaghetti squash, about 4 pounds
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2/3 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 2-‐3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth or water
Warm the oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the spaghetti squash down the middle length-‐ wise, scoop out the seeds, and pierce the outside flesh with a fork a couple of times.
Place the squash face down on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until the flesh on the inside is tender but not mushy.
Using a fork, scrap all the flesh from the squash out into a large bowl.
It should come off in strands with relative ease.
While the squash is roasting, place all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Mix the pesto and the spaghetti squash noodles together and serve. This dish may be served warm or cold.
Serves 4 as a side, 2 as a main dish