Gluten free and vegan (if using non-dairy free pesto and mock sausage)
- Med spaghetti squash (JR Organics)
- diced kale – enough for 1 (JR Organics)
- diced onion – enough for 1
- 1 chicken sausage (I used apple brand) (can also use mock soy sausage)
- Avocado or olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pesto (2-3 tablespoons)
- tomatoes, quartered, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 f Take a medium size spaghetti squash. Cut in half lengthwise. Put face down on a baking sheet
- Cook for 25 mins
- While it’s baking chop chicken sausage (I used chicken apple) and saute with oil on stove until cooked through, place in bowl to the side
- Using the same saute pan place diced kale and onion over a bit of oil on medium heat. Saute until al dente, turn off stove. Salt & pepper to taste.
- When squash is done, after a few minutes of cooling take a fork and ‘string’ out center into saute pan.
- Add chicken sausage to saute pan
- Mix pesto, sausage and veggies all together.
- garnish with quartered tomatoes