- 1⁄2 pounds of celery, cleaned and trimmed into 2 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup broth
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of parsley, diced
- Warm the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an 8-‐inch baking pan place the celery, onion, olive oil, and broth.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the celery is fork tender.
- In a small glass mix together the capers, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic.
- When the celery is tender remove it from the broth with a slotted spoon or fork and place it in a medium bowl.
- Add the caper mixture and toss well to combine.
- Top with the parsley and serve warm.
Serves 2 as a side