- 1 pint whole grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- Olive oil, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Spray small shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes in the pan.
- Season with the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Toss gently with your hands.
- Roast until the smallest tomatoes begin to pop, about 15 minutes, depending on size.
- Transfer to a bowl; add the basil and toss. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
Variation: When the tomatoes are cooked, add some diced fresh mozzarella or goat cheese.