- 12 carrots
- 1⁄2 a sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash carrots and roughly slice onion.
- Place on a baking sheet and turn oven to broil.
- Cook carrots and onions until soft and crispy but not burnt about 10 minutes.
- Check often as cook time varies with oven.
- Once cooked place in a food processor with tahini and water, blend until smooth.
- Place spread in bowl and add salt and pepper, stir well.
- Use this spread on sandwiches or for dipping like hummus.