- 1 medium-sized head of green cabbage
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- generous amount of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- lemon slices, for serving cabbage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F/232C.
- Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 8 same-size wedges, cutting through the core and stem end.
- Carefully trim the core strip and stem from each wedge and arrange wedges in a single layer on the roasting pan (leave some space around them as much as you can.)
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the mixture and season generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Turn cabbage wedges carefully, then brush the second side with the olive oil/lemon juice mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for about 15 minutes, or until the side touching the pan is nicely browned.
- Turn each wedge carefully and roast 10-15 minutes more, until the cabbage is nicely browned and cooked through with a bit of chewiness remaining. Serve hot, with additional lemon slices to squeeze lemon juice on at the table if desired.