*To make the bread you will need a dehydrator and the bread needs 12 hours before you can use it.
Serves 2 -3
For the bread
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax meal
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sea salt
For the Sandwiches
- Hummus (we used this recipe http://theseasonaldiet.com/homemade-hummus-vegetable-collard- wraps)
- Start by making the bread, place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until thick and smooth. Feel free to add any spices you like. You may need more water if it’s having a hard time blending.
- Spread mixture evenly and about an inch thick so you can pick it up when it’s finished, use a sheet or mat, don’t place directly on the dehydrator screens, as it will make a huge mess.
- Place it in the dehydrator at 145 degrees for 30 minutes and then turn down the temperature to 105 degrees and cook for 10-12 hours.
- Once the bread is done slice in 4- 6 slices depending on how large you want your slices and top with remaining ingredients.