- 1/2 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Flax crackers (or any cracker)
Walnut taco meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp. cumin
- 3 tsp. coriander
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tsp. tamari
- Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl (leave out the salsa, guacamole and crackers until the end).
- Then make taco “meat” by placing all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until walnut mixture looks like meat. You don’t want to run it too long or it will turn into walnut butter. You may have to scrape down sides once before it’s done, then pulse a couple more times.
- Place mixture on top of the vegetables in the salad bowl, top with salsa, guacamole and crackers.
- Serve right away. Makes 2-4 servings.