- 1 8 oz can organic cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 bunch rapini
- 1 bunch beets, tops removed, roots peeled and quartered
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- olive oil
- Course salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle a little olive oil on it. Place your prep’d beets in the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring foil over to make a small pouch and seal the edges by folding them on themselves. Roast beets 40-45 minutes or until they are pierced easily.
- While beets are roasting, saute garlic and shallot in olive oil.
- Rinse your rapini and discard the tough ends of the stalks. Chop remaining rapini into 1″ pieces (you may eat the stalks also).
- Add rapini and beans to garlic and shallot and heat through until rapini is tender.
- When beets have finished roasting, allow them to cool for a few minutes and then slice them into bite sized chunks. Add the chopped, roasted beets to the bean and rapini mixture.
- Toss with a little extra olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.