2 cups rice wine vinegar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2-3 medium limes)
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 pound pickling cucumbers, thinly sliced (1/8-inch thick or thinner)
1/2 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped dill
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine cucumbers, onion, and dill in a medium bowl.
- Add vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 45 minutes before serving, or transfer cucumber mixture to a clean jar and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Yields 1 quart