- 1 1/2 cup flour (any type should work)
- 1 persimmon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dates
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Cinnamon Sugar topping
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 1 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice persimmons and set aside.
- Mix together first 7 ingredients until apple sauce (leaving out the persimmons) in a large bowl.
- Then in a food processor mix the remaining ingredients (apple sauce-maple syrup) until mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Add wet to the dry and mix well. Pour half of the mixture into a loaf pan and then layer your sliced persimmons in the middle.
- Pour remaining batter mixture over the top.
- Mix together Cinnamon Sugar topping in a small bowl and cover the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Feel free to double and make more loafs as this bread freezes well.