- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 cup basic chicken stock
- 1 lb summer squash, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 lb sugar snap peas
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 1/2 gallon of salted water to a boil.
Add the penne and cook until al dente, about 7 to 9 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock to a boil in a skillet large enough to hold the vegetables.
Add the vegetables to the chicken stock and steam, covered for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the vegetables are just tender, add the cooked penne and the olive oil and toss until it is heated through.
- Divide the pasta and vegetables evenly among 4 warmed plates or bowls.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.