- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and drained
- 2 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract, for a plain cheesecake)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. melted virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 bar dark chocolate, crushed (I used a dark chocolate with toasted coconut)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Lightly oil a spring form (9-10inches) pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Next make crust by placing all crust ingredients in a food processor and processing until crust starts to stick together. Pour crust into prepared pan and pat down evenly with your hand.
- Next make filling by placing all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add more water, as you want mixture to be silky smooth and not grainy. Once desired constancy is reached, pour mixture on top of crust. Store pan in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Make topping by placing all ingredients (except bar of chocolate) in a clean food processor and processing until smooth. Pour topping over filling layer and place in freezer.
- Lastly shave or chop bar of chocolate into fine pieces and sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake. Place back in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before you want to slice the cake and add sliced strawberries to each piece of cheesecake. Store any left overs in the freezer.