This recipe can be made 3 hours ahead and served hot or at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 CSA bunch of mustard greens, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large wide pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté about 7 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in garlic, cumin seeds, and crushed red pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add mustard greens, in three separate batches, to the pot and stir until each batch begins to wilt before adding next, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until greens are very tender, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in vinegar.
- Transfer to bowl and serve hot or at room temperature.