- 2 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bunch mizuna
- 1/3 fetta, crumbled
- ¼ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ large red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add fennel and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until fennel caramelizes a little, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add balsamic vinegar and chicken stock, cover and cook for 8 -10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer braised fennel to a bowl, add mizuna leaves, fetta, red onion, chilli, lemon rind and dress with olive oil, toss gently to serve