- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola or peanut oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Bunch mizuna, trimmed
- 1 Bunch kale, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- In a medium bowl, mix egg white with 1/2 teaspoon of the tamari, garlic and chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the canola or peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken mixture and cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and appears opaque.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in wok.
- Add carrots, onions, kale and water chestnuts and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon tamari, chile paste, lime juice and mizuna and cook, stirring often, until slightly wilted. (The Mizuna should be barely cooked).
- Return chicken to wok and toss well.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with basmati rice or short grain brown rice.
Serves 4 to 6
Per Serving: calories 120; calories from fat 30; calories from saturated fat 5; protein 19g; carbohydrate 3g; total fat 3.5g; saturated fat 0.5g; cholesterol 50 mg; sodium 160 mg; 25% calories from fat