- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 1/8 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled for several hours in the fridge
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 bunch of mizuna, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- In a large wok or skillet heat the 1⁄2 teaspoon grape seed oil over a medium heat.
- Add the carrot and shallots and stir-‐fry until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the five-‐spice powder and salt, mix well, and remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Add the remaining oils and stir fry the rice until it begins to warm, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar, tamari, and cooked vegetables and stir fry for an additional couple of minutes until everything is well mixed and thoroughly cooked.
- Fold in the mizuna and chopped green onions.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
- Add in a scramble egg, chicken, or tofu to make it a meal.
Serves 4 as a side