This recipe uses the newest method of preparing kale, rubbed/ massaged. It turns out really nice and this recipe is super delicious. So good, in fact, I prepared it four times in just one week!
“It is totally raw, relying on the acid from the vinaigrette to tenderize the kale. Keeping it raw means it has a great texture and maximum nutrition in each bite. It also has great color! It is a heavenly kale concoction”
Massaged Kale Salad Recipe:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1-½ cup Cooked And Cooled Quinoa
- 5 cups Kale
- ½ cups Walnuts
- ¼ cups Dried Cranberries
- 1 Apple, Chopped
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ cups Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsalmic Vinegar
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
For the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, juice from the lime, garlic and the honey. Set aside while you prepare the salad.
For the salad:
- Put chopped kale in a large bowl and pour the vinaigrette over the beautiful leaves.
- Massage the vinaigrette into the kale for about 5 minutes.
- The size of the kale will decrease significantly and you should be able to feel the kale becoming more tender.
- After the massage, add in the quinoa.
- Toss together with the kale.
- Once those are well combined, toss in the walnuts, cranberries and chopped apples.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper, to taste.