- 1 cup of chopped, fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh marjoram leaves
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor and finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil and process until the mixture is fairly smooth and no large pieces of almond remain.
- Check for seasoning and adjust to your tastes.
- This pesto is wonderful folded into warm pasta and topped with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Try it on pizza, spread it on flat bread, or toss it over potatoes with a little extra oil for a great tasting potato salad.