- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 2/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 CSA apples, thinly sliced
- Leaf lettuce
Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Plunge immediately into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Place in a zip-top plastic bag.
Process shallots and next 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Turn blender on high; add oil in a slow, steady stream.
Pour over beans; seal and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
Add apple, tossing to coat; drain.
Arrange beans and apple on a lettuce-lined plate.