- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb spinach leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rinse shrimp well.
- Wash spinach leaves and chop into 3 inch (8cm) pieces.
- Heat oil in a nontick skillet. Add garlic cloves and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomato and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, just until shrimp are pink.
- Pour in lemon juice and lemon zest, and add spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until spinach leaves are wilted.
- Serve over white or brown rice.