- 3 cups flour (optional use part whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice or sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 cups grated soft squash
1 Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two 4×9-inch loaf pans, either coating with butter or spraying with baking spray.
2 In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
3 Beat the eggs in a mixer (or by hand) until frothy. Beat in the evaporated cane juice or sugar. Beat in the melted butter and olive oil. Stir in the lemon zest and grated squash.
4 Add the dry ingredients to the wet, a third at a time, stirring after each incorporation.
5 Divide batter/dough into two loaf pans. Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Test after 40 minutes. If you gently press down on the surface of the loaf, it should bounce back, and a bamboo skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
6 Remove from the oven. Let cool for a few minutes and then remove the loaves from their pans to cool on a rack.