- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, peeled and small diced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bunches kale
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or vegetable or chicken stock)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pot and saute for three to five minutes until softened.
- Wash kale, remove stems if tough and slice leaves crosswise into two inch pieces.
- Add to onion and saute for a minutes or two to soften.
- Add wine or stock and bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Cover pot and let kale steam for about 15-20 minutes (less if using black kale).
- Remove lid and continue cooking until excess liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Rinse and roughly chop cilantro.
- Stir into kale with a red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.