- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or cube bullion with 1 cup water)
- 3 cups summer soft squash, sliced 1/4-inch
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, agave or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring Olive Oil to med heat in Saute Pan and add onion.
- Cook until slightly translucent and add sugar.
- Stir until the onion is well caramelized and add balsamic and stir until evaporated.
- Strip Kale of main ribs and any substantial axial ribs.
- Slice into 1 inch ribbons and add to onions.
- Reduce heat cover and allow to wilt slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and squash and stir to coat.
- Cook until squash has slightly softened, add broth and cover on med-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Broth should be almost totally absorbed.