Makes 6 sandwiches
For the Tofu
- 1 4oz package extra firm sprouted tofu
- 3 Tbsp. tamari or Bragg’s liquid aminos (gf soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. tandoori seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. honey (or another liquid sweetener
For the sandwiches
- 6 gluten free buns (we used food for life English muffins)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 leafs of lettuce
- 1⁄4 of an onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 radishes, grated
- Start off by marinating the tofu for at least 30 minutes, simply drain the tofu. Cut in half and squeeze the water out of the tofu gently. You can use a press or a paper towel.
- Next slice the tofu into 6 thin squares and set aside.
- Then in a bowl mix together the remaining tofu ingredients. Dip each piece of tofu into the mixture and place the tofu in a shallow dish, pour remaining mixture over tofu and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Next heat up your grill and place a piece of lightly oiled foil on the grill, place tofu on top of the foil and cook for 7 minutes on each side. If you have room on your grill place English muffins on the grill for the last 2 minutes and let them get a little crispy.
- Once tofu is cooked and muffins are heated, it’s time to assembly your sandwiches. Add some mustard and honey to the buns and then layer tofu and vegetables. Eat right away.