- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Arrange nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Steam for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender, but still bright green.
- Place cooked beans in a large bowl, and toss with butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer beans to a serving dish, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.