- 2 fresh poblano chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 stalks green garlic, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2 small beets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 CSA bag of green beans, trimmed, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small white onion, sliced paper-thin
- 5 large radishes, sliced paper-thin
- Char chiles directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chiles.
- Combine chiles, orange juice, oil, vinegar, and garlic in blender.
- Blend until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover; chill until dressing is cold, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap each beet tightly in foil; place directly on oven rack.
- Roast beets until tender when pierced with knife, about 50 minutes.
- Unwrap beets and cool completely, then peel.
- Coarsely grate beets into medium bowl.
- Toss with lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain; transfer to large bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain again and pat dry.
- Toss green beans, spinach, onion, and radishes in large bowl with enough dressing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among plates; top with beets.