- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and chopped into bite-sized strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon. Fry until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, leaving bacon drippings in skillet. Add onions to the skillet. Cook until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, turning frequently with tongs, until cabbage is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Toss with bacon.
- Serve immediately.Makes 6-8 servings.