- 6 green figs
- 12 small balls of fresh mozzarella
- 1 bunch mizuna
- 1 bunch Thai basil or purple mint
- 1/3 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Wash the figs and remove the little stems with a paring knife.
- Remove the mozzarella from their liquid.
- Wash the greens.
- Place the mizuna and basil or mint, without any coarse stems, in a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Pile in the middle of two dinner plates. With your thumbs gently pull each fig in half and lay them open-side up around the plates.
- Arrange the cheese around as well.
- Sprinkle with a little extra olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice, and the coarse salt.
- You can grind over some pepper if you like.