- 4 carrots (small), shredded
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of arugula, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of kale, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of peas
- 2 cups of brown rice (already cooked and cooled)
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Sriracha or chili flakes to taste
- In a large skillet heat sesame oil on medium high, add onions and broccoli to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until onions start to turn translucent and oil disappears.
- Next add peas, carrots and arugula, stir well for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add rice, ginger and tamari.
- Cook until vegetables are soft and everything is hot, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve fried rice over finely chopped kale and spice up with sriracha or chili flakes.