“Coconut Eggplant, Such a divine combination. Highly recommend it!”
- 4 small purple eggplants
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (large dried coconut flakes, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 Tbsp. tamari (reduced sodium or coconut aminos)
- Sea salt
- Wash and slice eggplant into thin slices.
- Place on a large plate or cutting board, sprinkle with salt (evenly over each slice) and allow to sit out for 15-30 minutes.
- This will remove the water and get rid of the spongy texture.
- Pat dry eggplant and turn oven to broil.
- Place eggplant in two 8×8 baking dishes or one extra-large baking dish.
- Broil eggplant for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove and turn oven to 350 ̊F.
- Pour tamari evenly onto the eggplant (keeping eggplant in the dishes) mix around with fork or spatula.
- Next, pour and mix spaghetti sauce together with the nutritional yeast and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over eggplant evenly.
- Lastly place pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder and grind into a rough powder (food processor will work also).
- Sprinkle ground pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes over the top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.