- 2 pounds Organic Chicken Thighs and Breasts
- Pure Sea Salt to taste or 1 teaspoon
- 6 ounces Organic Unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 medium size sweet onions chopped
- 4 ounces of fresh cilantro (whole, with leaves on stem) or about 30 stems
- Juice from 1 sour orange or 2 limes
- Large baking dish
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
- Clean your chicken being sure to remove the fatty skin. Set aside. Option: Blend 2 cups of distilled water with a small piece of ginger and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Let the chicken sit soaking for about 10 minutes, rinse.
- In a blender; mix the coconut oil, salt, sour orange and cilantro and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix into a glass jar.
- Place your chicken in the baking pan and pour about 3 to 5 tablespoons of the mixture on your chicken and add in the chopped sweet onions.
- Mix and distribute oil and onions equally.
- Cover and place in the oven for 1 hour then uncover and bake for another 30 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
Serve with organic brown rice, quinoa, or roasted veggies.
Refrigerate coconut oil mixture. It will harden, don’t worry its’ normal. Use a spoon to scoop out what’s needed.