- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 bottle beer
- In a large pot, add the oil and cook the bacon until browned and crispy.
- Add the onion and the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage, stirring to mix.
- Add the beer, season and cover.
- Braise until the cabbage has wilted, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve immediately.