- 4 cups Black Berries
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup raw buckwheat groats 1/3 cup melted coconut oil 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl place black berries, maple syrup, chopped basil, lemon juice, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Using the back of a fork mash the black berries up and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of a bread loaf pan.
- Next place buck wheat groats into a food processor and process until a chunky flour is created.
- Next in a large bowl add buckwheat mixture along with brown rice flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon, salt and melted coconut oil.
- Mix well, mixture should stick together a little, if not add more coconut oil.
- Top black berry mixture with topping mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes, serve with vanilla ice cream.