- 1 cup cooked black eye peas
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey :
- Preheat oven to 350
- line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, wisk together the milk and the vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and honey to the milk mixture. Wisk with a fork until it starts to bubble.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the dry and mix together using a large wooden spoon or a firm spatula.
- Next stir in the beans.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.