Crust and Topping
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 dates
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 dash of salt
- 3 nectarines
- 1 orange, juiced
- 4 fresh basil leafs
- 8 dates
- 1/3 cup water
- Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper (with some on the sides so you can easily remove them)
- Next, in a food processor place oats & almonds and mix until it starts to crumble and get thin.
- Now add the dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Process until mixture starts to stick together.
- Pour mixture into pan saving 1/3 of the crust for the topping.
- Press mixture down firm and evenly.
- Next chop nectarines (saving one) and place those in the food processor with the basil. Process until all mixed together.
- Add in dates, water & orange juice and process.
- Now add filling to crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved mixture.
- Place bars in freezer 1 hour before serving or refrigerator for 3.
- When ready to serve, top with nectarine slices.
- Will last in freezer or refrigerator for 1 week.