- 1 pound of okra, washed and dried
- 1 pound of small, golden potatoes
- 1⁄2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- diced juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, separated
- 2 tablespoons corn flour or meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Chop the potatoes into pieces about the size of a nickel and boil them in salted water until soft, about 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, slice the okra in 1⁄4 inch pieces.
- Discard any fibrous caps.
- In a medium bowl, toss together one of the tablespoons of olive oil and the sliced okra.
- Mix well.
- Add the corn flour, salt, and pepper and mix again.
- Pour onto half of the prepared baking sheet.
- Drain the potatoes and pour them into the bowl that just held the okra.
- Add the last tablespoon of oil, chopped onion, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour onto the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-‐45 minutes or until the okra starts to brown and crisp up.
- After about 20 minutes of baking time has passed, stir in the garlic and rosemary to the potato side of the sheet.
- Flip the okra and return to the oven to finish cooking.
- When the okra appears crispy, remove from the oven and add a squeeze of lemon juice over the entire dish.
- Mix the potatoes and okra together and check for seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 2 as a side