- 1 bunch of beets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
Sweet and Smoky Aioli Dip
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1 dash sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice beets thin, 1/16″ thick at most (use mandolin for best results).
- Lay flat on a platter and sprinkle each beet with salt (don’t worry you will wipe most of the salt off).
- Next make dip by placing all dip ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Now wipe off salt and any released moisture. Place flat on 2 baking sheets, you might have to use 3.
- Add more salt and any other seasonings you desire on top of the beets.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crispy (but not burnt!)
- Serve with dip *
- To re-crisp leftovers, place in oven at 400°F for 3-5 minutes.