- 2 medium ripe pears
- 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 log goat cheese
- Arugula-Mizuna greens mix, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut pears into thick 1/2″ slices.
- Toss with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh pepper.
- Grill for a few minutes on each side, until nice char marks form and they start smelling like burnt marshmallows.
- Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool.
- Slice pear and discard the core.
- Put greens and pears into a salad bowl.
- Crumble goat cheese on top with some more fresh pepper.
- When ready to serve finish the salad with the balsamic vinegar and remaining lemon juice.